Emotional Issues

Additional information about other infections not mentioned.

Emotional Issues

Postby happypet123 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi! I found out I had chlamydia last week and it has been difficult. I got the medicine and took it all but I am having a tough time getting over it emotionally. I told my mom because she was in this situation at my age(19) but she wasn't supoprtive with it. I know that the virus goes away but how do you get the shock and disappointment to go away. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, do you have any advice? I'd like to stop feeling like crap.
happypet123

Re: Emotional Issues

Postby half_full » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:26 am

Give it time. It will seem less important as as time goes on. In the meantime, do things you enjoy to get your mind off of it...go out with friends, read, watch movies, exercise, etc. Try to look at it as a learning experience that will help you be more careful by using protection and discussing yours and your partner's STD statuses in the future prior to having sex.
The glass is not half empty, it's half full.
half_full
Rock Steady

Postby LustforLife » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:48 am

i agree with half_full.

also, i think you need to forgive yourself. you made a mistake - acknowledge it and forgive yourself. learn from it, and don't repeat the mistake. in time, you'll consider yourself lucky that you caught a std that is curable.
“Always look on the bright side of life.”

Robin Williams on Fukitol

Lust for Life
LustforLife
Stats Guru

Postby happypet123 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Alright I have another problem. The guy I thought I got it from came back clean.. so that means it was my ex-boyfriend who hates my guts. Should I tell him even though it could go really bad? I am so lost and I want to get over this but I don't know if I can until I talk to him about it. I just don't want him turning all of this on me and it affecting me even more. Please let me know what you would do. I just want to move on from all of this.

Thanks!
happypet123

Postby Yoshi2me » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:30 pm

It sounds like you may need to do what's best for you and not worry about the others. Keep in mind, not everyone is truthful with their words. Just because someone says they are "clean" doesn't mean they are. You kind of have to take it all with a grain of salt and do what is best for YOU. I hope this will help eliminate some of the stress you're experiencing. Try to be kind to yourself.
It is what it is. Site|Blog
Yoshi2me
Full of Hot Air

Postby LustforLife » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:48 pm

i would do nothing.

leave your ex in the past, where he belongs.

Lust for Life
LustforLife
Stats Guru

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 pm

I agree 1000% with Lust for Life's advice. Worry about you and only you. The End.
Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off. ~Ellen DeGeneres
Elizabeth
Amazon Blonde

Postby ghost_wolf04 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:41 pm

They say you should tell your ex, but I disagree. If you had something more long term, maybe you should. But just the clap isn't that big of a deal, and it will hurt your social status and emotional health if you tell your ex and he is really mean and decides to badmouth you to everyone you know. Best to keep it quiet and let out how you feel on this forum. We will be supportive. Everyone else may not be.
ghost_wolf04

Postby LustforLife » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:13 pm

ghost_wolf04 wrote: But just the clap isn't that big of a deal,

fyi - "the clap" is gonorrhea, not chlamydia. and it is kinda a big deal for men (epidydimitis) and women (PID).

https://medlineplus.gov/gonorrhea.html

Lust for Life
LustforLife
Stats Guru

Return to Other STDs/STIs