Anyone want to talk about Ebola?

Pull up a chair. Grab some coffee. Let’s Dish.

Anyone want to talk about Ebola?

Postby Yoshi2me » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:42 pm

I'm a little obsessed with Ebola these days. :eek:
It is what it is. Site|Blog
Yoshi2me
Full of Hot Air

Re: Anyone want to talk about Ebola?

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Ha! I actually did some reading about it today after the Dallas outbreak. There's only about 240 miles between Dallas and Houston, so they better get this stuff wrangled and fast.
Angela, did you see this yet? A SECOND nurse infected:
http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-diagnosed-i ... 42930.html
Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off. ~Ellen DeGeneres
Elizabeth
Amazon Blonde

Re: Anyone want to talk about Ebola?

Postby Yoshi2me » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Yep, I saw it.

It really ticks me off that the CDC gave the nurse clearance to travel by plane in spite of her low grade fever.

I’ve been reading about Ebola and there are many things I find troubling about this whole situation.

Check out this report:

A crew suited up Wednesday evening to transport Ebola patient Amber Vinson from Dallas to Atlanta, but there was one man on the flight wearing absolutely no protective gear.

There is video of him standing a few feet away from the patient, at one point he grabs what appears to be a hazardous waste bag and then he boards the flight. He's in the video of Vinson's arrival in Atlanta.

Who was the mysterious man with a clipboard overseeing the transfer? And why wasn't he wearing a suit?

A representative Phoenix Air, the air carrier that handled the flight, confirmed he was one of their medical safety coordinators. He was required by protocol to wear plain clothes so that he can better see, hear and smell what was going on. He was trained to keep a safe distance from the patient.

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said he wasn't too concerned about the man's safety because the patient was encapsulated.

Jenkins explained the paramedics put on their suits to safely put on Vinson's suit. They keep theirs on just in case something happens and they need to treat her.

“She's in a bubble. They're in a bubble to put her in a bubble and then they stay in their bubbles in case they have to work on her bubble. Who that guy is and what he's doing, I'm assuming he's well away from the action,” he said.

Jenkins visited Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan's family without wearing a hazmat suit.

“You need to be in your suit when you're around people who are symptomatic. You don't need to be in your suit when you're around asymptomatic disease contacts. It's pretty simple,” he said.

Source Link:
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26801886/ ... la-patient

Why isn’t everyone on the tarmac in head-to-toe gear?

Why aren’t “asymptomatic disease contacts” in an isolated environment?

“Asymptomatic disease contacts” – What does that mean?

If someone contracts the Ebola virus obviously it’s going to take time for symptoms to appear but that doesn’t mean everyone who contracts it will present in the exact same time frame as the person before them with the exact same symptoms – right?

How does the CDC explain away the ability of the Ebola virus be active without symptoms?

People can’t just throw around the terms “asymptomatic” like that – can they?
It is what it is. Site|Blog
Yoshi2me
Full of Hot Air

Return to Take A Break