In love but he is lagging on getting tested

Let’s talk about accurate herpes testing, shall we?

In love but he is lagging on getting tested

Postby kellyhanson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi,

I'm new on this forum, and I was just thinking that it's perfect for my little problem that I have going on right now, because I don't want to ask any of my friends. It's too embarrassing. I just started dating this guy about three months ago, and I'm pretty sure I'm in love with him. He's an amazing guy, but he just seems to have a mental block about getting tested. We haven't been together yet, and he's definitely getting very romantic with me, but he keeps saying that he didn't have time, or he forgot, whenever I ask if he's gotten tested yet. So it's starting to annoy me, but I really do care about this guy, and other than this, I like him a lot. But it's not like it's that dang hard to go get tested--places like HTC are everywhere these days! Sometimes I can be a little too blunt, so I want to ask... How do I explain to him that he's not getting lucky until I have some paperwork in my hands, without offending him?

kellyhanson

Re: In love but he is lagging on getting tested

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:23 am

Why don't you both go get tested together (the same day) and share your results over dinner and a nice bottle of wine?
If he's unwilling to get tested, then put the sex on the back burner.
Does he know your STD status...do you?
Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off. ~Ellen DeGeneres
Elizabeth
Amazon Blonde

Return to Herpes Testing