Many STDs can be cured by taking medicine to kill the germ that causes the infection. Some STDs cannot be cured, but treatment can relieve symptoms and may prevent further damage to your body.
- Avoid sex until treatment is finished.
- Take ALL of the medicine you are given even if you start to feel better.
- NEVER take anyone else’s medicine or give yours to someone else.
- Return to the clinic for more tests if you are told to do so.
- TELL anyone you have had sex with that they may have an STD and need to be tested. Your local health department can help you with this.